Off To College Must Haves
by Frank Griffin
Freshman across the world are getting ready for college. Students are preparing to move to a home away from home. But the items they choose have to take into consideration limited space and the presence of roommates. Unfortunately in the haste, essentials are left behind.
Here is a quick list we prepared to make the transition a smooth one:
- Surge protector – Your laptop, tablet, and smartphone are going to be the lifeline to your educational and personal life. A surge protector will ensure they don’t get damaged when they are plugged in.
- Cords and charging cables – Make sure you have the cables and cords for all of your devices. Get replacements if you can.
- Good light and bulbs – You will be up late on many occasions, so get good lighting with some quality bulbs. Lighting and Lamp
- First Aid Kit – You can never go wrong investing in a good kit, not only for you, but for your roommates also.
- Compact steamer – This is a quick way to get rid of wrinkled clothes without the pain of an iron.
- Alarm clock – Even though smartphones can do the job, if you forget to charge it you will miss your class. An alarm clock with battery backup is a great option.
- A water filter pitcher – You can get something like Brita so you will have filtered water all the time.
- Duct tape – This is one item that will come in handy more than you will ever know. Get a multi pack! Rocky Ridge Hardware
As mentioned previously, the list can go on. Just take your time and start making the list early so you can narrow it down to real essentials by the time you leave for the next phase of your life. Good luck!